3rd Annual Alberta Bicycle Commuters Conference (2015)
Canmore, Alberta, September 26-27, 2015
Coast Canmore Hotel and Conference Centre
- Building a provincial cycling movement
- Connecting cycling communities across the province
- Promoting safe roads for everyone
- Sharing best practices
- Eleanor McMahon, MPP Ontario and founder of Share the Road Cycling Coalition, will share her story of becoming a passionate advocate for safer cycling and ultimately effecting both legal and policy change in Ontario. She will also lead the discussion about changing the conversation about cycling in Alberta, building the cycling movement, and the importance of advocacy.
- Jean-Francois Pronovost, Vice-President of Development and Public Affairs, Velo Quebec, will address the need to get everyone – business, decision makers, civil servants, the general public – on board for change as well as creating opportunities, be it events or better facilities, to help people of all ages to cycle more often. Having being instrumental to the development of the 5300 km Route verte cycling network, he is in a good position to discuss what it takes to make a big dream come true.
- People who bike and would welcome a better biking environment
- Urban planners and traffic engineers
- Cycling advocates
- Provincial and municipal government representatives
- Those interested in improving the economy, environment, health, safety, and joy of Albertans
2015 Alberta Bikes Conference Program